GoPro has established itself as the best camera for action sports such as snowboarding and skiing. It lets users record highly immersive footage of their extreme adventures even in the worst weather and environmental conditions. But these action sports often require both of your hands, creating a need for a hands-free camera. GoPro accessories are very handy in this regard as they let your record your experience hands-freely!
In a Hurry? Here are Our Top Choices
The 5 Best GoPro Accessories for Snowboarding
So, we have created a list of the best GoPro accessories for snowboarding to let you fully enjoy your experience without anything stopping you!
1. GoPro Helmet Front Mount
Made by the official GoPro team, GoPro Helmet Front Mount is the perfect helmet/head mount for created an immersive POV footage. It is widely used by thrill seekers and athletes to record their adventures. You can mount it on your head, helmet, or cap, and record your entire snowboarding experience when going downhill, without having to use your hands. You can even record your own self as this mount can be extended out to face the camera towards you and record your video. Cool, right?
What makes it our first choice is the fact that is offers so many features in such a low cost. You can mount it on your helmet using an adhesive that would lasts for a long time.
- Records an immersive POV footage.
- Very affordable.
- Great quality.
- Can be used to record both the front and the back view.
- The adhesive is too sticky.
2. GoPro Suction Cup Mount
GoPro Suction Cup Mount is another GoPro accessory by the official GoPro company.
The suction mount was initially a failure, but GoPro improved it majorly and it is now one of the best GoPro accessories. The new and improved suction cup mount has better functionality and durability. This mount basically attaches to any flat or curved surface and lets you record a hands-free footage! It is versatile enough to be attached to snowboard, cars, helmets or even surfboards. However, when snowboarding, make sure you mount this at a height so that it is not covered by snow.
GoPro suction cup mount is extremely affordable and one of the best mounts. It can withstand speeds of over 150 mph without coming off the surface, which makes it ideal for extreme sports.
- Very affordable.
- Strong enough to last at the speeds of over 150 mph.
- Easy and quick release base.
- Might need a safety tether for extra security.
3. GoPro Performance Chest Mount
GoPro Performance Chest Mount is another GoPro mount that is designed to be attached to your chest. This padded chest mount makes it easy for you to record an immersive footage of your adventures while keeping the camera close to your chest. It won’t feel heavy or suffocating on your chest as it is very lightweight, flexible and breathable. You can wear it on any of your adventures be it biking, surfing, hiking, snowboarding or even deep-sea diving!
- Very lightweight and flexible.
- Breathable and comfortable.
- Quick release buckle.
- Adjustable straps that fit on anyone.
- It does not come with a J hook.
4. Anti-Fog Inserts
GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts the most handy accessory when snowboarding or skiing. Have you ever recorded a footage of your snowboarding trip and found out that the camera was fogged-up all the time? These anti-fog inserts make sure your camera lens does not get fogged-up so you can record a crystal clear footage of your experience. Anti-fog inserts are compatible with any GoPro model and come with four uses.
- Compatible with any GoPro camera.
- Perfect for extreme weather conditions, both humid and cold.
- Come with four uses.
- Amazingly simple to reuse.
- Do not last too long.
5. The Karma Grip
The Karma Grip is an official GoPro accessory for all GoPro mounts. It is a motorized gimbal stabilizer that makes sure all your footage is incredibly smooth and shake-free. It has built-in camera controls that you can use to power on/off your GoPro, start or stop the recording, switch modes, and add HiLight tags.
Moreover, its charging speed is super-fast. So, the next time you go snowboarding, you can take the Karma Grip with you to record a professional and smooth video of your icy adventures. It can capture both handheld and body-mounted perspectives. You can also record your friends or yourself.
- Very small and portable.
- Charges quickly.
- Records a highly stable footage.
- Compatible for both handheld and body-mounted perspectives.
- Compatible with all GoPro Hero models.
- Built-in camera controls.
- Too expensive.
What to Consider When Buying GoPro Accessories
For capturing your extreme sports, GoPro is the best available option in the market. But there are some GoPro accessories that can make you experience even better when attached with a GoPro. So, here is what you should consider when buying GoPro accessories for snowboarding:
- Check whether they are compatible with your GoPro model.
- Make sure you buy a GoPro mount that is suitable for most of the occasions. A helmet mount or a suction cup mount can be used almost anywhere.
- If you are going to record hours-long videos, you would need a bigger storage card. Make sure that any storage card you buy has enough memory to meet your needs.
- When buying body mounts, make sure that the material is adjustable and breathable.
Our Final Thoughts
Our top choice for the best GoPro accessories for snowboarding has to be the GoPro Helmet Front mount. Not only is it useful for snowboarding, but it can also come handy for almost other sport. Its strongly attaches to your head or helmet and does not come off even with impacts.